I’ve been on such a roll lately making holiday cards that I decided to mix things up a bit and make a couple of all occasion cards. For these cards, I used the Scripty Hello word die from Lawn Fawn that I picked up recently. I just love the font they use for their dies!
To get started, I cut a 4″ square piece of Marshmallow card stock from Bazzill. To that, I did some ink blending using Distress Inks in Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, and Ripe Persimmon to create an ombre effect. Once dried, I added some Stick It double-sided adhesive to the back and then cut the word twice using my Cuttlebug. I then added a generous coating of Glossy Accents to each die cut and set them aside to dry while I worked on the other elements for my cards.
For the first card base, I used a piece of Carrot Stick glimmer card stock from My Mind’s Eye. I created panels for the front and inside of the card using more of the Marshmallow card stock. I added the paint splatters to the front using the same Distress Ink colors by mixing them with some water and flicking it on with a small paint brush. I finished off the front of the card by spritzing it with some Perfect Pearls Glimmer Mist.
Once dried, I removed the Stick It backing paper from the die cut and adhered it to the card. I love the shine and dimension it adds to the card. To finish things off, I added a few sequins from the Sunset Sequin Mix from Mint Owl Studio. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with these sequins and will definitely be getting more!
For the second card, I created a card base from more of the Marshmallow card stock. I then selected a couple of pieces of coordinating patterned papers from the Sweater Weather 6×6 petite paper pack from Lawn Fawn. I die cut the main panel using the largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set from Simon Says Stamp. Next I did some partial die cutting with the layering piece of patterned paper with the second largest rectangle. I then ran the piece through again using the medium Stitched Scalloped Border die from Lawn Fawn. I adhered the main panel to the card base using my Xyron Mega Runner. I then adhered the layering panel using some Scotch 3M foam tape.
I had to use a mix of adhesives to adhere the die cut on the second card due to how I popped the layered panel using foam tape. After removing the Stick It backing paper, I added tiny little pieces of foam tape under the “llo” portion. This allowed me to adhere the “he” part directly to the layering panel using the Stick It adhesive while still having the “llo” portion popped up to the same level thanks to the foam tape. This kept everything nice and even. To finish off the second card, I added a few Bon Bon sequins from Doodlebug Design.
Until next time …