Yesterday was day three of the CASEing Christmas class over at StampNation and Catherine was back with another lesson for us. I don’t have a snippet preview to show of her card today, but here is the CASE I came up with based on her design.
Here are some of the things from her card that I duplicated in my CASE:
- White card base with a red panel
- Sloped edge with a stitched detail
- Curving my sentiment to match the shape of the sloped edge
- Die cut focal point in the lower right corner
Even though my stamping layering skills still need a bit of work, I really love how this card turned out. This was my first using this layering poinsettia and leaf stamp set I received in the October My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts. Since they are limited edition kits, the October kit is no longer available, unfortunately, but here’s a look at what it included.
I stamped the poinsettia, leaves, and sentiment (from Lawn Fawn) using the mini ink cubes included in the kit. They weren’t labeled, so I’m not sure what actual color names they are. After I stamped the poinsettia and leaves, I went back over the top of all of them with the base layer stamp using some VersaMark ink and then heat embossed them using clear embossing powder. I love the sheen it gives them.
I used the coordinating dies included with the kit to cut everything out on my Cuttlebug. I finished off the poinsettia by adding some small green gems in the center. Even though they aren’t pictured in the kit image above, they were also included which was really nice. There was a sheet of red gems, too.
I’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown – the current challenge is any previous theme. I using theme #1 – Christmas flowers.
- Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge – the theme is anything goes, but you must use at least one Hero Arts product in your design.
- Stamping Enablers – this is for the November Mood Board challenge.
Until next time …