There are currently a couple of different games of Card Tag going on over at StampNation and I’ve decided to play along. The basic premise of the game is when someone posts a card, the first person to comment and “tag” themselves has 48 hours to CASE the card. One finished, they post a photo of their card for someone else to tag to keep the game going. I tagged myself to CASE a card created by Amy from All Things Beautiful. Here’s a photo of her card.
For my CASE, I followed the “rule of three” where you either borrow three things, change three things, or do some combination thereof. Here are the three (ok, four) things I decided to borrow from Amy’s card:
- Bright multi-colored background
- Masked focal point for sentiment
- Die cut butterfly
- Black border
Here’s the card I created:
Instead of a watercolor background, I decided to use a stencil and embossing paste. Since I loved the colorful background Amy created, I tinted my embossing paste using some of my Stampin’ Up!® inks. Before applying the embossing paste, I applied a circle of masking paper to create a space for my sentiment. I then applied the various colors of embossing paste to my card panel then set it aside to dry.
In the meantime, I cut out the butterfly image using my Cricut Explore. I covered it with a generous layer of clear Wink of Stella and applied four rhinestones to the body for a little added bling.
Once the embossing paste was dry, I removed the mask and stamped my sentiment in black ink. Since I wanted to ensure I got a nice crisp image for the sentiment and floral garlands, I used my MISTI stamping tool. This made it very easy for me to stamp the image twice to get that nice crisp detail of the image. I then used a black pen to create a faux stitched circle border around the sentiment.
To assemble my card, I trimmed the main panel to 3.75 x 5.5″ then matted it on a piece of black cardstock cut to 4.25 x 5.5″ (standard A2 size). I centered the main panel on the black cardstock which gave me a nice 1/4″ black border on either side. I then adhered the matted panel to a top-folding A2 card base. To finish the card, I added a couple of rhinestones to the center of the flowers then attached the butterfly by popping it up on a small piece of Stampin’ Dimensionals. I pulled the wings up a bit on either side to give it a little dimension.
Until next time …