It’s time for another Global Design Project challenge. This week, Kylie‘s husband, Bruno, selected the colors for this challenge — Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, and Early Espresso from Stampin’ Up!® It definitely was a challenge for me to come up with a design using these colors because they aren’t colors I would typically use together for a card. That being said, I actually do like the way my card turned out in the end.
I started by using the Timeless Textures stamp set to add some interest along the left edge of my card. The first step was putting down the grid stamp using Early Espresso ink that I stamped off first before stamping on my panel. Next, I added the flourish stamp using Tangelo Twist. Since it’s a much more vibrant color, I stamped it off twice before stamping on my panel. For the final step, I added the splotchy dots stamp using Bermuda Bay ink. I stamped it off before stamping on my panel, but then stamped three or four times before inking it again for more stamping.
I used the Words of Truth stamp set and Early Espresso ink for the pair of sentiments. Since Early Espresso is a very dark color, I stamped off each time before stamping the sentiment on my panel.
Once all my stamping was completed, it was time to assemble the card. Since my card was a bit detail-heavy on the left side, I decided to round the corners of all the layers on the right-hand side for a bit of added interest and to help balance the card. After doing that, I adhered the stamped layer to a mat of Early Espresso cardstock using some snail adhesive.
To embellish my main panel, I wrapped it in some Tangelo Twist stitched satin ribbon then adhered it to my A2 card base using some Dimensionals. I then added a little row of three butterflies along the left side. Using the Bitty Butterfly punch, I cut two from Bermuda Bay cardstock and one from Tangelo Twist. I sponged around the edges of each with the matching ink to give them a bit of depth and texture then adhered them to my panel using Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella to each butterfly and two small rhinestones in the middle for the butterfly’s body.
I’m entering the card in the following challenges:
- Global Design Project – the current theme is a color challenge.
- Stampin’ Royalty – the current theme is wonderful words.
Until next time …