By now, I’m sure many of you may have heard about the new In Colors coming from Stampin’ Up!® in the new 2016-2017 annual catalog in June. One of the colors I’m most excited about is the new Peekaboo Peach. I love the color peach, so this new In Color is right up my alley and I can’t wait to get my hands on this new color.
Since I don’t have the new color yet, I decided to try my hand at making my own version of peach in the meantime. I did this by combining a couple of colors from the regular Stampin’ Up line.It’s not a perfectly true peach color, but I think the result is really pretty.
I used the Six Sided Sampler (retiring) stamp set to create the hexagon images. I the cross-hatch pattern hexagons using Basic Black ink. For the others, I created my “peach” color by doing some double stamping. To ensure everything lined up properly, I used my Mini Misti stamping tool. If you don’t have a Misti, you could use a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig instead.
I started by stamping the various hexagon images on some Very Vanilla cardstock using Calypso Coral ink. To keep the final product from being too coral, I stamped it off first to soften the color a bit. I then stamped the image a second time using Daffodil Delight. I really love the sort of mottled effect of the two inks together.
I cut out all of my hexagon shapes using the hexagon punch (retiring). I adhered them to an A2 top-folding card base also made from Very Vanilla cardstock. I glued the black hexagons directly to the card base using snail adhesive. I adhered the “peach” hexagons using Dimensionals to pop them up since I wanted to show them off a bit.
I used a sentiment from the Suite Sayings stamp set which, thankfully, is carrying over to the new annual catalog. I repeated the double stamping technique for it as well, but used Stampin’ Write markers this time. I inked up the “thanks” using the Calypso Coral marker, stamped off, then stamped my card. I then inked it up again using the Daffodil Delight marker for “thank” and the Basic Black marker for the rest of the sentiment.
I wanted to add a little decoration inside the card, too. I added a couple of half hexagons in the corner. I adhered both of them directly to the card base to avoid adding any bulk. To finish off the card, I added some clear Wink of Stella pen to all the “peach” parts on the front the card.
Until next time …