For my card today, I was inspired by a gorgeous card my friend Lisa posted over on StampNation. She masked off the center of her card and added a field of beautiful leaves around it then added the sentiment in the middle after removing the mask. I thought it was so gorgeous, I decided to CASE it. Here are the three elements I selected from Lisa’s card to incorporate into my design:
- Background of Autumn leaves
- Stitched detailing
- Die-cut embellishment by the sentiment
I created my own patterned paper by randomly stamping different shapes of leaves from the Vintage Leaves set by Stampin’ Up!® on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock. I stamped the leaves using Delightful Dijon, Rich Razzleberry, and Mint Macaron inks. I used an Aqua Painter to go over all the leaves to move the ink around a bit to create a bit of a watercolor effect.
I also stamped the smallest leaf from the Vintage Leaves set on a piece of scrap Shimmery White to die-cut and use as an embellishment. Instead of using the Aqua Painter and plain water to color it, I used my clear Wink of Stella pen to give it some added shimmer since it would be an embellishment.
While the background piece was drying, I took another piece of the Shimmery White cardstock and stamped one of the sentiments from the Layering Love stamp set using Rich Razzleberry ink. I used my Big Shot and Magnetic Platform to die-cut the sentiment using the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. While I was die-cutting, I also cut out a mat from Rich Razzleberry cardstock for my sentiment using one of the scalloped ovals from the Layering Ovals Framelits as well as the small leaf I had previously stamped. I cut it out using the coordinating Leaflets Framelits.
Once I had all my pieces ready, it was time to assemble the card. I adhered the sentiment oval to the scalloped oval mat using liquid glue then added the die-cut leaf embellishment, also using liquid glue. I decided the little heart was just begging for a little color, so I grabbed my Aqua Painter and filled it in, too.
Next, I created a card base using Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Since my Shimmery White paper was slightly warped from adding the water with the Aqua Painter, I adhered the leaf panel to the card base using some Tear & Tape which is a super strong adhesive. To finish the card, I added the matted oval sentiment layer in the middle of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m entering the card in the following challenge:
Until next time …