For my card yesterday, I used a sentiment from the Holiday Style stamp set by Sunny Studio Stamps. I’m back again today with another card using the Holiday Style set, but this time all of the images on this card are from it. Check out this incredible layering jingle bell! Mendi, the owner/designer, really has nailed layering stamp images!
I started this card by stamping the bell, bow, and pine bough on some scrap Whisper White cardstock from Stampin’ Up!® For the bell, I stamped the lightest layer using Smoky Slate, the medium layer in Basic Gray, and the darkest layer in Basic Black ink, all from Stampin’ Up. I used Crisp Dye Inks from Altenew for the bow and pine bough. The bow was stamped using Rouge, Crimson, and Velvet, all of which are available in the Red Sunset collection. For the pine bough, I inked the entire image first with Forest Glades, then randomly added some Evergreen around the edges and near the center of the branch. Both of these colors are available in the Green Fields collection.
After I had everything stamped, it was time to cut them out. Unfortunately, I don’t have the coordinating dyes yet because they were sold out when I purchased the stamps. Thankfully, they’re back in stock now and are en route to me. Since I don’t have the dies yet, I cut out the images using the PixScan mat and Cameo 2 from Silhouette. While this method worked, it will be sooooo much faster to cut the images out when my dies arrive.
For my card base, I cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″ then scored it at 5-1/2″ to create a top-folding card. For my card layers, I cut a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″ and a piece of Real Red cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4″.
I adhered the pine bough in the upper right corner of the Smoky Slate layer using tape runner then trimmed away the excess. Once the pine bough was in place, I stamped the sentiment in the lower left hand corner using Basic Black ink. I then decided where I wanted to place the jingle bell and stamped the hanger on the pine bough using Basic Black ink. I adhered the bow to the jingle bell using glue dots then adhered it to my card using Dimensionals.
To assemble the card, I adhered the Smoky Slate layer to the Real Red layer using liquid glue. This gave me a little bit of wiggle room time to make sure I had everything lined up squarely since it was such a small border. I adhered the matted layers to my card base using tape runner then finished things off by added a touch of clear Sparkle pen to the bow.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
- Merry Monday – the current theme is masculine Christmas. Even though I added a little bow and a little sparkle, I still think this card reads masculine due to the simple layers and colors I chose.
One last thing …
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the Design Team over at the Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge. They selected my Making Spirits Bright card as a winner for last week’s color challenge. Thanks for the honor, DT! As always, I’ve updated my Challenge Wins/Features page to include this latest honor.
Oops, one more last thing …
I was also incredibly honored yesterday to get a message on my Instagram from Paper Pumpkin/Stampin’ Up yesterday letting me know my alternative project card has been included on their November kit pin board on Pinterest. If you’d like to see a lot of awesome card ideas, including mine, using materials from the November kit, you can check out their pin board here.
Until next time …