It seems like Christmas was just a few days ago, yet here we are already with Valentine’s Day approaching quickly, so it’s time to start working on some valentines. The older I get, the faster time seems to pass. Does anyone else feel that way??
For today’s card, I started by stamping the adorable little truck from the Tasty Trucks stamp set from Stampin’ Up on watercolor paper using Basic Black archival ink. The truck is part of the current Sale-a-Bration promotion and can be earned for free with any $50 purchase (before tax and shipping). While I was stamping, I also added the Valentine’s Day sentiment from the Love Letters stamp set by Lawn Fawn as well as the You’re the Sweetest sentiment which is also from the Tasty Trucks stamp set.
Once I had everything stamped, I colored the panel using the new watercolor pencils and an Aqua Painter from Stampin’ Up. If you don’t have the watercolor pencils yet, you could use the ink pads or markers to achieve a similar look.
Here are the colors I used for my focal panel:
- Melon Mambo and Basic Gray for the main body of the truck
- Rich Razzleberry and Pacific Point for the awning
- Basic Gray and Basic Black for the wheels
- Rich Red for the reflector and square lights
- Daffodil Delight for the headlight
- Basic Black for the road
- Pacific Point for the sky
While the watercolor panel was drying, I stamped a few cupcakes on a scrap piece of white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored them in using my Stampin’ Write markers. I used Soft Suede for the cupcake liner and Melon Mambo for the frosting. I fussy cut them out then went around the edges using the brush tip of my Basic Black marker to cover the white edges.
Once the watercolor panel was dry, I adhered it to a mat created from Basic Black cardstock. I then adhered that to my card base made from Melon Mambo cardstock. I adhered the cupcakes to the card using some liquid glue then went over the frosting using a clear Wink of Stella pen. I also added some Wink of Stella to the headlight and the light being cast from it.
To bring the front of the card to the inside, I replicated the black matting for my signature panel. I also had one of the little cupcakes left over, so I adhered it in the lower right corner. Once again, I added some clear Wink of Stella to the frosting and that completed my card.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
Until next time …