April 2017 OnStage Swap Card

Woo Hoo!! OnStage is finally here! As you read this, I’m at the event in San Diego getting a sneak peek at the new annual catalog which will be launching on June 1 by Stampin’ Up!® I won’t be able to share any images from the catalog for a few more weeks, but I’ll be able to share projects made with products from the new catalog as soon as my pre-order I place this weekend arrives next week. Can. not. wait! In the meantime, I thought I would share the card I made to swap with other Demonstrators here at OnStage. I’m writing this post from my iPad, so I hope everything works! LOL

Mel's Card Corner | April 2017 OnStage Swap Card

I made 60 of this card, so I did everything mass production style. I started by cutting 5 sheets each of Very Vanilla and Bermuda Bay cardstock down to 2.75 x 8.5″ strips. This gave me a total of 20 strips of each color. I stamped three of the carousel horses from the Carousel Birthday stamp set on each Very Vanilla strip using Bermuda Bay ink. I space them far enough apart I would have room to die cut them.

Once I had all the horses stamped, I moved on to the die cutting. I die cut all of the horses using the second largest stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. At the same time I was running the Very Vanilla strips through, I also ran the Bermuda Bay strips through using the coordinating size scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies. After I had all the pieces cut, I adhered the stitched circle to the scalloped circle using Snail adhesive.

Mel's Card Corner | April 2017 OnStage Swap Card

Next, I moved on to cutting my designer series paper and mats to go behind my focal image. I used the harlequin print paper from the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack. I use the DSP strips to 1.5 x 4.25″ and cut strips of Bermuda Bay to 1⅝ x 4.25″. I adhered the DSP pieces to the cardstock mats using Snail adhesive then adhered the matted layer to a top-folding Very Vanilla card base. Once I had the major elements on the card, I stamped one of the birthday sentiments from the Big on Birthdays stamp set in the lower right corner of the card base using Bermuda Bay ink.

For the embellishments, I took 30 doilies and cut them in half. I adhered them to the back of the matted DSP layer using Snail adhesive. I decided to add some gold thread behind my focal image. I added some Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the focal image then cut took a 22″ length of gold thread and wrapped it around three of my fingers to form a loose nest. I then added it to the focal image by sticking it to the Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I adhered the focal image to the card base centering it over the DSP layer.

Mel's Card Corner | April 2017 OnStage Swap Card

To finish off the card, I added my absolute favorite embellishment. I went over the pole and all the bridle and saddle elements of the horse using a clear Wink of Stella pen. It was the perfect bit of shimmer to finish of this clean and simple birthday card design. I really hope the other Demonstrators at San Diego who receive my swap card will really like it!

Until next time …

Signature Image

2 comments

Leave a Reply