I haven’t participated in a card challenge in quite a while. As soon as I saw the theme for this month’s challenge at the Where Creativity Meets C9 blog, I knew I had to participate! The challenge is to create a card using shades from the Concord & 9th logo. Not only do I love how creative the challenge theme is, I also knew this would be a great challenge for showcasing some of the fun Concord & 9th stamps I purchased from their October release.
For my card, I started by created the small panel to go behind my sentiment. I created it using the new Christmas Cheer Turnabout stamp set. I stamped the four turns using inks from Catherine Pooler Designs in Mint to Be, Aquatini, All That Jazz, and Garden Party. All That Jazz was a special release ink as part of the Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Collection. It will be available for purchase in Catherine’s online store sometime in 2018.
Once I had all the outline images stamped, I then used the smaller individual solid stamps to fill everything in, I used the same four ink colors, but stamp them off once before filling in the image. I filled in the Mint to Be outlines using Aquatini, the Aquatini outlines using All That Jazz, the All That Jazz outlines with Garden Party, and the Garden Party outlines using Mint to Be. I trimmed the panel down to 2-3/4 x 4″ then matted it on a piece of silver glitter paper cut to 2-5/8 x 4-1/8″.
For the sentiment, I started by first die cutting the Ribbon Banner Die from a piece of white card stock as well as from a piece of the silver glitter paper. I stamped the Christmas and Wishes sentiments from the Christmas Cheer Turnabout stamp set using All That Jazz ink. I adhered the two die cuts together using glue dots, offsetting them slightly to create a bit of a shadow effect with the glitter paper.
For the final bit of stamping, I created a background panel using the new Plaid Background stamp set. I stamped the main part of the plaid using All That Jazz Ink. I then added the line detail between the plaid blocks using Aquatini ink.
I created a top folding card base from white card stock. I adhered the plaid background to the card base using tape runner then adhered the turnabout panel to that, also using tape runner. I adhered the sentiment over the turnabout panel using foam squares and that completed my card.
Until next time …