Today is day two of our big three-day blog hop leading up to the new Stamp of Approval release on Tuesday, October 10. It’s called the Winterhaven Collection and it’s awesome! Here’s the time line of all the events related to this release so you don’t miss out on anything:
- Saturday, Oct. 7 – Kick-Off of the blog hop
- Sunday, Oct. 8 – Day two of the blog hop
- Monday, Oct. 9 – Day three of the blog hop
- Monday, Oct. 9 – PJ party/video chat at 9pm ET for StampNation members. During this live event, ordering for this new collection will open up exclusively for StampNation members, so it definitely pays to be a member! If you are currently a StampNation member, you can register for the live PJ Party here.
- Tuesday, Oct 10 – Ordering for the Wait List goes live at 9am ET. The two previous collections never made it past wait list ordering, so definitely sign up for the wait list if you haven’t already!
- Tuesday, Oct. 10 – If the collection hasn’t already sold out, any remaining inventory will be available for general ordering at 6pm ET.
Once again, even though I’m not an “official” part of the hop today, I wanted to share another card I’ve made using products from the Winterhaven collection. My official day will be tomorrow, the final day of our blog hop. I’ll be sharing two cards I’ve made using this collection in that post, so definitely be sure to come back tomorrow to see them. I will provide a list of today’s “official” stops on the blog hop at the bottom of this post.
For my card today, I decided to use the beautiful Ornamental Background stamp. I love the retro vibe of this background! I stamped it using Mint to Be ink then used the hillside die from the Winterhaven Dies to create a curved edge along the bottom of the panel. If you line up the die just right, it creates a perfect curved edge and doesn’t look like a hillside die at all! I love having multi-purpose dies.
I created a top-folding card base using some of Catherine’s premium white card stock. I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Here We Come A-Caroling stamp set using It’s a Girl ink. I triple stamped it using my MISTI to give it a really nice rich pink color.
After the sentiment was dry, I adhered the Ornamental Background panel to the card base using some foam tape. For a bit of bling and to tie the pink in a bit more with the rest of the card, I added some Glam Pink Stickles to the center of each ornament on the panel and that completed this card.
This card was really quick and easy to make. It would be great for mass producing if you needed to make a lot of cards pretty quickly. It took longer for the Stickles to dry than it actually took to make the rest of the card. LOL
As promised, here’s a list of all of the “official” blog hop participants for day two of our hop.
- Catherine Pooler
- Jen Carter
- Amy Kolling
- Ilina Crouse
- Lisa Harrolle
- Ingrid Blackburn
- Chrissie Tobas
- Kimberly Wiener
Don’t forget to leave a comment on each of their blogs for a chance to win this wonderful collection. Catherine will be giving one collection away for each day of the blog hop. Entries close on Wednesday, October 11 at 9am ET and will be announced on Catherine’s blog later that day. If you are one of the winners and have already purchased this collection, you will receive a $100 gift certificate towards your next purchase from Catherine’s store.
Until next time …