I’d been eyeing the Good Tidings stamp set from the Stampin’ Up!® holiday catalog since it was released a few months ago. When I saw it was one of the stamp sets featured during the 20% off stamp sale last week, I finally decided to pull the trigger and buy it, especially since I got my Demonstrator discount on top of the sale price. I do love a good bargain. 🙂 I decided it would be the prefect stamp set to use for playing along with a couple of different challenges going on right now.
I started by creating my own patterned paper on Powder Pink card stock using the layering/two-step holly images in the stamp set. I stamped the leaves using Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive, the berries using Flirty Flamingo and Real Red, and the branches using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. Since I had a few open areas still after creating all my leaves, I used the small berry cluster stamps as a filler, again stamping them in Flirty Flamingo and Real Red.
I stamped the sentiment on a piece of vellum card stock using VersaMark ink. I heat embossed it using copper embossing powder. Since I was going for a vintage feel, I thought the copper might work better than the gold. Once the embossing had cooled a bit, I cut out the sentiment using the largest stitched circle in the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
Since vellum is notorious for adhesive showing through it, I decided to run it through my Xyron Creative Station Lite and turn it into a sticker. This ensured it would stay put on my card and I wouldn’t have to try and hide adhesive behind the sentiment. I adhered it to a doily then trimmed a bit off the right side using my paper trimmer so it could have it be flush against the side of my card.
I wanted to tie in the metallic aspect of the embossed sentiment elsewhere on my card. The beautiful metallic washi tapes in the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape worked perfectly. I wrapped a piece of the 1/4″ wide copper washi and a piece of the 1/8″ wide gold washi around the background panel then adhered the sentiment piece over it.
To finish the card, I created a top-folding card base from Whisper White Thick card stock. I adhered the Powder Pink layer to the card base using liquid glue. For a bit of sparkle, I added some clear Wink of Stella to all the holly berries and that completed the card.
I’m entering the card in the following challenges:
- Paper Craft Crew – the current theme is vintage.
- Jingle Belles – the current theme is metallics.
- Global Design Project – the current theme is Christmas joy.
Until next time …