Today’s card is really easy to create, but has so much sparkle, it’s sure to bring a smile to the face of the person who receives it. The most complicated part of the card is coloring the mermaid, but that’s not really difficult either thanks to the Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers from Stampin’ Up!®
Cutting Guide – cut all pieces using the Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – one piece cut to 4-1/4 x 11″ for the card base. Using the Simply Scored, score at 5-1/2″ along the long edge and burnish the score line using a Bone Folder. Set aside.
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock – two pieces cut to 4 x 5-1/4″.
- Myths & Magic Designer Series Paper (retiring) – one piece of the bubble paper from the cut to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″
- Whisper White Cardstock (two pieces) – one piece cut to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″ and another piece cut to 2-1/2″ square
- Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper (retiring) – one piece of the white cut to 2-1/2″ square
- Stamp the mermaid from the Magical Day stamp set (retiring) on the small square piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Let the ink dry well before coloring.
- Color the mermaid using the following Stampin’ Blends colors (Stampin’ Blends are currently unavailable, unfortunately, but should be back in stock in May):
- Rich Razzleberry Light for the very tip of her tail.
- Bermuda Bay Light for the next section of her tail.
- Pink Pirouette Combo – use the Dark for her torso area and Light for the blush on her cheeks.
- Pool Party Dark to blend between the Bermuda Bay and Pink Pirouette sections.
- Ivory for her skin.
- Ivory and Bronze for her hair.
- Using the Big Shot, die cut the mermaid using the third largest stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- Die cut a scalloped circle from the white piece of Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper using the coordinating size scalloped circle die from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Magical Day stamp set on the large Whisper White Cardstock rectangle using Bermuda Bay Classic Ink.
- Adhere the sentiment panel with one of the Bermuda Bay rectangles using Snail Adhesive then adhere to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the bubble DSP panel to the other piece of Bermuda Bay using Snail, then adhere to the card base.
- Adhere the mermaid circle to the glimmer scalloped circle using Mini Glue Dots then adhere the combined circles to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Since there is a lot of glitter on the card already, keep the embellishments to a minimum. Simply apply a generous coat of Clear Wink of Stella over the entire mermaid tail.
If you would like a downloadable/printable supply list for this project, check out my inspiration sheet.
If you would like to purchase any of the products I used for today’s project, or any other Stampin’ Up products, please visit my online store.
- If your order is less than $150, please remember to use the current hostess code (7MAWQ4HW).
- Everyone who places an order through me will receive a handmade card from me.
- Anyone who orders $50 or more and uses the hostess code will also receive a small gift.
- If your order is more than $150, don’t use the hostess code because you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. I’ll still send you the handmade card and small gift anyway.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
- Shop online 24/7 – the April 2018 hostess code is 7MAWQ4HW
- View Online Catalogs
- View the Retiring Lists
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Until next time …