For today’s card, I’m pairing a couple of different stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!®. The flowers are from the Garden in Bloom stamp set (retiring) and the sentiment is from the stamp set included in the Oh Happy Day Card Kit (retiring).
- Stamp the line images for the flowers and leaves on Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede ink.
- Use the second layer stamp to fill in the images using Peekaboo Peach (retiring) for the flowers and Old Olive for the leaves.
- Use a Sponge Dauber, add some Soft Suede ink into the center of each flower.
- Use Paper Snips to fussy cut the flowers and leaves.
- Using the Stamparatus (available in the new annual catalog coming June 1), stamp the miss you sentiment on a 4×4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede ink.
- After letting the sentiment dry for several seconds, go over the are using the Embossing Buddy anti-static tool.
- Clean the stamp (still on the Stamparatus) and ink the stamp again using Versamark ink and stamp it in the exact same place.
- Add some Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set it using my Heat Tool.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive Cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ on the long side using the Simply Scored scoring tool then burnish the score with a Bone Folder.
- Cut a piece of the striped paper from the Sweet Soiree Speciality DSP to 4×4″ then cut an angle along one edge.
- Adhere the sentiment layer to the top half of the card front using Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere the DSP layer to the bottom half of the card allowing it to overlap the Whisper White layer. Ensure the DSP is trimmed enough so it doesn’t interfere with the sentiment.
- Using Liquid Multipurpose Glue, adhere the two outermost flowers onto the card along the angled edge coving the overlap line.
- Adhere the third flower in the middle using a Stampin’ Dimensional to give it a little height.
- Tuck all the leaves in behind the flowers and adhered them down with a bit of liquid glue on the innermost end of the leaf.
- Add a coat of Clear Wink of Stella pen to the flowers to give them a bit a shimmer and add to the watercolor look.
- For a final bit of embellishment, add one of the largest Gold Faceted Gems in the center of each flower.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my card today. If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used to create this card, please visit my online store. If you would like a downloadable/printable supply list for this card, please check out my inspiration sheet.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
Until next time …