After taking a bit of a hiatus, Paper & Ink Sketches are back! A new sketch is realized every other week, so I’m going to try and get back in the swing of playing away as they are released. If you’d like to play along, simply click the sketch image above to view a larger image of the sketch.
Here’s the card I created using the latest sketch.
I started by stamping images from the Petal Palette stamp set from Stampin’ Up!® on Whisper White cardstock. Since the floral image is pretty large and I wanted to ensure I got a really good stamping, I used the Stamparatus (available in the new catalog launching June 1, 2018) to stamp the images. While I was stamping, I also stamped one of the sentiments from the One Big Meaning stamp set on a strip of Whisper White. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink for all the stamping.
While giving the Memento ink a bit of time to dry, I worked on other parts of my card. I cut a card base and mat for the sentiment strip from Old Olive card stock. I also cut a background layer for my card using a piece of patterned paper from the Sweet Soirée Specialty DSP. I adhered the DSP layer to the card base using tape runner, then adhered the sentiment to the Old Olive mat layer, also using tape runner. I adhered the matted sentiment layer near the bottom of the card front using tape runner.
By now, the Memento ink was dry enough for me to begin coloring using the Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. Unfortunately, these markers are on backorder for now, but will hopefully be available again next month. I used the following colors:
- Bird – Daffodil Delight (both dark and light)
- Flowers – Light Bermuda Bay and Dark Pool Party
- Leaves – Old Olive (both dark and light)
Once I had the coloring finished, I die cut the bird and floral spray using the coordinating Petals & More Thinlits Dies. I also used some vellum to cut two pieces using the largest foliage die from the die set. While I was die cutting, I also used the largest stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies to cut a circle from Whisper White cardstock to use as a backdrop for my focal area.
I adhered the floral spray to the stitched circle using liquid glue offsetting it to one side. Before the liquid glue dried completely, I tucked in some sprigs of vellum leaves cut from the larger die cut. I added a coat of clear Wink of Stella over the flowers then adhered the bird on top of one of the leaves in the spray. Finally, I adhered the stitched circle to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals and that completed the card.
I’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- Global Design Project – the current theme is CASE the Designer.
- Time Out Challenges – the current theme is a photo challenge.
Until next time …