Today’s card was inspired by some cards created by Patty and Cindee, fellow Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators. It’s not even really a CASE (copy and selectively edit) of their cards, but I was definitely inspired by the technique they used. The technique involves stamping on Designer Series Paper (DSP), also referred to as patterned paper, then fussy cutting it out to create the focal element for the card. Since you’re stamping on DSP, all the coloring is already done for you!
- Stamp the floral image from Birthday Blooms (retiring) on Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (retiring) using the Stamparatus (available June 1) and Archival Basic Black Ink (retiring)
- Clean the stamp then stamp it again using VersaMark
- Add some Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using the Heat Tool
- Allow to cool then use Paper Snips to fussy cut the large flower
- Stamp the same floral image in the lower right hand corner of a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 3-1/2 x 4-3/4″ using Archival Basic Black ink
- Stamp the sentiment toward the upper right of the panel, also using Archival Basic Black
- Using a mostly dry Aqua Painter, watercolor the background leaves and flowers using Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pads
- Cut a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock to 3-5/8 x 4-7/8″
- Cut a piece Melon Mambo Cardstock to 3-3/4 x 5″
- Adhere the two cardstock layers together using Snail Adhesive
- Adhere the watercolored layer to the Calypso Coral layer using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Created a top-folding card base from Whisper White Thick Cardstock
- Wrap some Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine around the matted focal panel three times and finish it off with a small bow held in place with a Mini Glue Dot
- Adhere the matted focal panel to the case base using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhere the fussy cut DSP flower in place on the focal panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals
For more detailed instructions and tips on how to create this project, download the inspiration sheet.
- Shop online 24/7 – the April 2018 hostess code is 7MAWQ4HW
- View Online Catalogs
- View the Retiring Lists
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
I’m entering this card in the following challenges.
- SUO Challenges – the current theme is annual catalog florals.
- Seize the Birthday – the current theme is birthday cards with the optional topping of vibrant colors.
Until next time …