I’m back today with another card featuring products from the Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval Collection from Catherine Pooler Designs. This is definitely a very clean and simple card, but I just love how it turned out.
- Create a card base by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ then burnish the score line with a bone folder. Set aside.
- Create the colored cardstock for the banners using the direct-to-paper inking technique. For this I used Mint to Be, Tiara, and Pixie Dust.
- While waiting for the cardstock to dry, die cut the cupcake from the I Eat Cake Dies from white cardstock.
- Stamp the coordinating cupcake images from the I Eat Cake stamp set on the die cut. I used Mint to Be for the Frosting, Over Coffee (stamped off once) for the cupcake, and Pixie Dust for the cupcake wrapper.
- Stamp the frosting a second time using VersaMark ink then heat emboss using a glitter embossing powder.
- When the colored cardstock is dry, use the Scattered Circles Stencil to add some polka dots on the Mint to Be and Pixie Dust pieces using VersaMark ink then heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- On the Tiara piece, stamp the sentiment (also from the I Eat Cake Stamp Set) using VersaMark ink then heat set using gold embossing powder.
- Trim the colored cardstock banner layers to various lengths and widths as desired using a paper trimmer and snips.
- Adhere the Mint to Be and Pixie Dust banners flat to the card base using the adhesive of your choice.
- Adhere the sentiment banner over the other banners using dimensional adhesive.
- Adhere the cupcake above the banners using dimensional adhesive.
- Wrap the card with some coordinating twine as a final embellishment.
Until next time …