This card was inspired by some beautiful cards posted recently by my friend and fellow CPD Creative Team Member, Justine. I love how she paired the masked Distress Oxide ink blending with silhouette stamps. I decided it would be the perfect technique to use for a graduation card I needed to make.
- Create a top-folding card base by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ along the long edge then burnish the score line with a bone folder. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of black card stock to 4 x 5-1/4″ to use as a mat. Set aside.
- Cut white cardstock layer to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″ for the focal panel.
- Using Purple Tape (now available in Catherine Pooler’s online store!), mask off a wedge on the white cardstock layer.
- Using an ink blending tool, add Distress Oxide inks in Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, and just a bit of Black Soot at the very edge.
- Remove the masks then tamp the flying girl image using VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink, slightly overlapping the tip of the ink blended area. I highly recommend using a MISTI stamping tool for this step since you may need to double stamp to get a nice dark image.
- Stamp the sentiment, also from the kit stamp set, using Nocturne ink.
- Allow all the ink to dry well (use a heat tool if you want to speed up the drying process) then go over the Oxide ink blended area using an anti-static powder tool.
- Stamp the star trail from the kit stamp set using VersaMark ink then heat emboss using gold embossing powder.
- Adhere the focal layer to the black cardstock layer.
- Adhere the matted focal layer to the card base.
As I mentioned above, Catherine Pooler now has Purple Tape available in her online store. In addition to that, she also has two other new products:
- Faithful Flutterings Dies – For everyone who has been asking for them, they’re finally here — coordinating dies for the Faithful Flutterings Stamp Set. Now we have an easy way to cut out those gorgeous butterflies and give them some dimension.
- Amodex – A non-toxic, soap based, formula for on-the-spot cleaning in the home, at the office and on the road! Works on everything from oil-based to dye related stains including Sharpie, and other inks on all fabrics, leather, carpets, upholstery, flooring, counters, furniture, and more. As a non-toxic soap, Amodex is safe to use on skin for quick art clean-up from paints and inks! The applications for Amodex are limitless, without affecting color fastness!
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
Until next time …