I often hear people say they don’t have time to made handmade cards which is why they end up just buying them. Over the next few days, I’m doing to share some quick & easy cards I promise you can make faster than you could get into your car, go to a store, pick out a card, pay for it, and get back home.
For today’s project, I created this cute birthday card in under six minutes using products from Lawn Fawn. What makes this card so fast? I let the patterned paper and die do all the work. There is absolutely zero stamping on this card!
- Create a card base by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ to create a top-folding card. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of the Carnation patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Spring Petite Paper Pack to 3-1/2 x 4-1/4″. Optional: Cut another additional piece of the same plaid paper to 1/4 x 4-1/4″ to use as a decoration for the inside of the card.
- Align the Happy Birthday Line Border die along the 4-1/4″ edge of the plaid paper with just the descending portion of the letters overlapping the plaid paper then run through your die cutting machine. Since I wanted the sentiment shifted to the left, I lined up the right-most edge of the die with the right edge of the paper.
- Use the same Happy Birthday die and cut the full sentiment from a piece of Mermaid cardstock. Be sure to save the tittle for your letter i! Note: If desired, apply an adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstock prior to die cutting. This will make adhering the sentiment much easier later given the fine line style of this particular die.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the card base making sure to keep the negative space die cut at the top edge.
- Adhere the Happy Birthday die cut (including the tittle over the i) to the card inlaying the letter descenders into the negative space of the patterned paper. Trim any excess Mermaid cardstock from the edges using a pair of scissors.
- To finish the card, adhere the 1/4″ strip of patterned paper to the inside of the card.
ChallengesI’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- StampNation – the current theme is a sketch challenge. Membership is required to participate, but we would love to have you come join us and play along!
- Seize the Birthday – the current theme is anything goes.
Until next time …