For today’s card, I decided to do a masculine twist on the card I posted Friday. Even though I used the same sketch (Challenge #275 over at StampNation), the cards are practically polar opposites. One is very bright, feminine, and had no stamping. The other is more muted, masculine, and is almost all stamping. Despite all the stamping, this card is still very quick & easy to make.
- Create a card base by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla Thick cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ and burnish with a bone folder. Set aside.
- Using regular Very Vanilla cardstock, cut one piece to 3-1/4 x 4-1/4″ and another piece to 1/4 x 4-1/4″.
- Apply Green Tea ink to the 1/4 x 4-1/4″ strip of cardstock using the direct-to-paper inking technique. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp the plaid pattern on the larger piece of Vanilla cardstock with the Sketched Stripes Background stamp from Concord & 9th using Shea Butter, Sauna, and Green Tea inks.
- Adhere the Green Tea strip along one of the 4-1/4″ edges of the plaid panel.
- Adhere the plaid panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment above the plaid panel using Green Tea ink.
Until next time …