I absolutely love the border word dies in the small die of the month club from Spellbinders this month! As soon as I opened up the package, this card design immediately came to my mind. I finally had time today to actually make the card.
- Create a top-folding card base by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ along the long edge then burnish the score line with a bone folder. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock to 4-1/4 x 5-7/16″. You want this panel to be slightly shorter than the traditional 5-1/2″ card since it will be adhered to the inside of the card base.
- On the Bristol panel, use a mini ink blending tool to create a rainbow border using Catherine Pooler Designs inks in Rockin’ Red, Tiki Torch, Tiara, Lime Rickey, Fiesta Blue, and Pixie Dust.
- Place the Spellbinders word die vertically on the front of the card base and run it through your die cutting machine.
- Using scissors or a paper trimmer, cut along the fold line at the top of the card until you reach the die cut line.
- Adhere the ink blended panel behind the die cut section.
Until next time …