For today’s card, I’m using the Varied Vases stamp set which will be debuting next week when the new 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up!® annual catalog launches. This stamp set was inspired by Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, Mary Fish, as part of her celebration for reaching the $1 million career sales milestone.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ to create a card base. Set aside.
- Stamp the interior part of the vase using Green Tea ink from Catherine Pooler Designs on a piece of white cardstock.
- Stamp the outline of the vase and the sentiment using Eucalyptus ink from CPD.
- Mask off the vase with a sticky note then stamp the orchid outline and other stems using Over Coffee ink from CPD
- Stamp the orchid fill-in using Sugared Lavender ink from CPD, stamped off once.
- Fill in the centers of the flowers using a marker in the color of your choice. I used this photo as my color inspiration for the orchids, so I went with the Y17 Copic marker which is an orange-yellow color. If you decide to use a Copic marker, just remember most of the CPD inks aren’t Copic-friendly (only Midnight is!) which means they might smear. I suggest trying to avoid hitting the inked line as much as possible to minimize the risk. Once you’re finished coloring the centers, scribble off the marker on some scratch paper to remove any ink you may have picked up.
- Die cut the focal panel using the largest rectangle from the Small Stitched 4 Bar Rectangles from Lawn Fawn.
- Die cut another panel from white cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Large Stitched 4 Bar Rectangles from Lawn Fawn.
- Using a direct to paper inking technique, go around all the edges of the larger stitched rectangle with Green Tea ink to create a colored cardstock layer.
- Adhere the focal layer to the green tea layer using tape runner.
- Adhere the matted layers to the card base using dimensional adhesive.
- For a final embellishment, apply a coat of clear Sparkle pen to the orchids.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
Until next time …
Stampin’ Up Product List