The new Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval Collection from Catherine Pooler Designs launched last week. If you haven’t picked up this wonderful collection yet, there are still some boxes available. I thought I would showcase a few of the products from the collection for my card today.
- Create top-folding card base by cutting a piece of colored card stock (I used Powder Pink from Stampin’ Up!®) to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ then burnish with a bone folder.
- With the card base opened flat, line up the Morning Joe Die approximately 1-3/4″ up from the bottom of the card front then run it through your die cutting machine.
- Cut a piece of ivory card stock (I used Very Vanilla from Stampin’ Up) to 4-1/4 x 5-7/16″.
- Apply adhesive to the back side of the card front. Line one of the narrow edges up immediately below the score line and adhere it down to recreate the rest of the card front cut away with the die.
- Using more of the Very Vanilla card stock, use the Sweet word die to cut out the word sweet three times.
- Using an embossing ink, apply ink to the bottom two-thirds of one of the sweet die cuts. Lightly tap along the top edge of the line of Versamark ink with your finger or a sponge dauber to smudge the ink a bit. This will help avoid having a harsh embossed line. Apply gold embossing powder then set with a heat tool.
- Adhere the the three sweet die cuts together finishing with the embossed die cut on top.
- Stamp the words “you’re so” to the card base using words from the Woo Hoo Stamp Set and Over Coffee ink. I *love* pink and brown together!
- Adhere the stacked die cut word beneath the stamping.
- Embellish the card as desired with pearls, sequins, enamel dots, etc.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
- AAA Cards – the current theme is a Tic Tac Toe challenge. I’m using the top horizontal row of gold, friendship, and colored cardstock.
Until next time …