For today’s card, I thought I would share a sneak peek of products I purchased during my demonstrator pre-order from the upcoming Stampin’ Up!® holiday catalog. These products will be available when the catalog launches on September 5. In case you missed it, I posted a haul video on Saturday showcasing the products I bought during my pre-order.
The images are from the beautiful Country Home stamp set. I started by stamping the watering can then stamping the floral image at the top using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. The stamps are designed to line up perfectly so no masking was needed. Yay! To finish out the stamping, I stamped one of the sentiments from the same stamp set. I used the Memento for this as well so the ink would match the other stamping.
After letting the ink dry a bit, I colored the images using my Stampin’ Blends markers. Most of the colors I used were new colors which will be available in the upcoming holiday catalog, but others are colors which are already available in my online store. Here are the colors I used:
- Watering can: Dark Basic Black, Light Basic Black, Light Smoky Slate, Light Crumb Cake, Light Old Olive (I lightly flicked on the Crumb Cake and Old Olive to give the can a patina look.)
- Artichoke: Dark and Light Old Olive
- Large Foliage: Dark and Light Blackberry Bliss
- Small Foliage: Light Mango Melody
- Seed Pods: Light Cajun Craze
- Cattails: Dark and Light Soft Suede
After I had the coloring done, I mounted the panel on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock. I wrapped the panel a few times with Linen Thread then finished it with a small bow.
I created a top-folding card base from Crumb Cake cardstock. I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Country Lane Designer Series Paper Pack to the card front. To that, I adhered the focal panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals. For a bit of shimmer, I added a coat of clear Wink of Stella to the watering can.
As you know, I love decorating the inside of my cards, too. For this one, I stamped a portion of the cattails foliage image in the lower corner of a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Crushed Curry ink. I matted the panel on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock then adhered it to the inside of the card.
As I mentioned earlier, we do have some more new colors coming to the Stampin’ Blends line of markers in the holiday catalog. If you aren’t familiar with Stampin’ Blends markers, they are artist quality alcohol markers in Stampin’ Up’s line of colors. This means they’ll perfectly coordinate with all of our other products including our dye inks, cardstock, embellishments, etc.
We currently offer 22 colors (each available in a light and dark shade), an Ivory and Bronze for skin tones, and a Color Lifter for correcting mistakes or lifting color to add effects. There will be six more colors coming in the new catalog which will bring the total number up to 28 colors. You can see all 28 pairs of colors in my photo above which are stored in the Marker Holder for Stampin’ Blends from Stamp-n-Storage. It will hold up to 45 pairs of markers, so I still have plenty of room as the Stampin’ Blends line continues to grow, hopefully!
I’m entering the card in the following challenge:
Until next time …
- Shop online 24/7 – the July 2018 hostess code is 3YFY4W2V
- Check out the Color Your Seasons August Limited Edition Bundle!
- Bonus Days are back! Earn a $5 coupon for September for every $50 (before tax & shipping) you spend in August!
- View Online Catalogs
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – First time subscribers can save 50% off their first month using code BLOOM0818. Offer expires August 10, 2018.