My card today was inspired by two different card challenges taking place right now. I’ll post a bit more about those after I share my card.
This card features the gorgeous Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) which debuted recently in the new 2018-2019 annual catalog from Stampin’ Up!® This DSP is double-sided, so the four squares I used on my card are actually from the same sheet of paper. Two of them just happen to be the reverse side. They’re cut at 1-1/2″ and matted on a piece of Tranquil Tide cardstock cut to 1-5/8″ using Snail Adhesive.
For the layer behind the DSP squares, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4″. I used the floral spray from the Wood Words stamp set and repeatedly stamped it across the card on a diagonal used Tranquil Tide ink. I stamped it off twice before stamping on the white panel to keep the look the look more subtle. I wanted the texture, but didn’t want it to overpower the DSP squares.
I stamped one of the sentiments from the Wood Words stamp set onto the white panel using Tranquil Tide ink. I wrapped some Mint Macaron twine from the Nature’s Twine set around the panel just below the sentiment and finished it off with a simple knot. I adhered the panel to a top-folding card base made from Tranquil Tide cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then adhered the DSP squares onto the card, also using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For a final touch on this card, I decided to do a bit of stamping on the inside panel. This panel was also cut to 4 x 5-1/4″ from Whisper White cardstock. I used the same floral spray from the Wood Words stamp set and Tranquil Tide ink to randomly stamp some flowers across the bottom of the panel. Once again, I stamped off twice before stamping the panel to keep the look very soft. I then adhered it to the inside of the card using Snail Adhesive.
I’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- Freshly Made Sketches – I used their current sketch as the layout inspiration for my card.
- TGIF Challenges – The current theme is Repeat After Me. I used the same DSP multiple times and did some repeat stamping across the card. (Update: Sadly, I just realized I missed the deadline for this challenge. I’m leaving the link anyway since it was part of my inspiration.)
If you would like to purchase any of the products I used for today’s project, or any other Stampin’ Up products, please visit my online store or click the product links below. If your order is less than $150, please remember to use the current hostess code (3YFY4W2V). Everyone who orders will receive a handmade thank you card from me and anyone who orders over $50 and uses the hostess code will also receive a small gift from me. If your order is more than $150, please don’t use the hostess code so you can receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. I’ll still send you the small gift anyway. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Until next time …
- Shop online 24/7 – the July 2018 hostess code is 3YFY4W2V
- Check out the Color Your Seasons August Limited Edition Bundle!
- Bonus Days are back! Earn a $5 coupon for September for every $50 (before tax & shipping) you spend in August!
- View Online Catalogs
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – First time subscribers can save 50% off their first month using code BLOOM0818. Offer expires August 10, 2018.