One of my coworkers and his wife recently welcomed a new addition to their family. They had their first child which was a beautiful little baby girl. Such an occasion clearly calls for a card, right?!
I started by creating a top-folding card base from white cardstock and a 4 x 5-1/4″ layer from pink cardstock. I chose a couple of coordinating patterned paper from the Watercolor Wishes Petite Paper Pack and the Perfectly Plaid Spring Collection Pack, both from Lawn Fawn. I trimmed each patterned paper to 3-7/8″ wide and then trimmed them at an angle to meet just above the vertical center of the card. I then adhered both pieces of patterned paper to the pink cardstock layer.
For my stamping on this card, I used the Little Bundle stamp set, also from Lawn Fawn. It’s one of my absolute favorite stamp sets for baby cards. I stamped the sentiment on a 5/8 x 5-1/2″ strip of white card stock using Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink, aligning it toward to right end of the strip. I adhered the sentiment strip over the line where the two patterned papers met to hide the join then trimmed the excess sentiment strip away using my scissors.
For the focal image, I started by die cutting a piece of white cardstock using a stitched circle. Since I had my Big Shot out already, I also die cut a coordinating scalloped circle from the same pink cardstock I used for the background layer.
I stamped the little dress on the stitched circle using Jet Black ink. I also stamped it using the residual ink on my stamp on a sticky note to use as a mask. I trimmed around the upper portion of the dress then adhered it over the stamped image on the stitched circle. I stamped the little hanger then removed the mask. I colored the dressing using Copic markers. I used RV00, RV02, and RV04 for the main part of the dress, then used BG11, BG13, and BG15 for the belt.
To assemble the card, I started by adhering the background layer to the card base using tape runner. Next, I adhered the stitched circle to the scalloped circle, also using tape runner. Finally, I adhered the matted circles to the left side of the card using foam squares. For a final bit of embellishment, I added a coat of Clear Overlay Sparkle pen over the entire dress and that completed the card.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge:
Until next time …