Baby Bear is one of my absolute favorite stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!® I love the photo-realistic look one can achieve on the bear using the Two-Step Stampin’ technique. Since I haven’t used this stamp set in a while, I thought I would pull it out and show it some love.
For the focal image layer, start by cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies. I used the second to the largest size for this card. Stamp the bear using the three layering stamps in the stamp set using the following ink colors:
- Layer 1 – Crumb Cake
- Layer 2 – Soft Suede (stamped off once)
- Layer 3 – Early Espresso
Stamp the sentiment using Pool Party ink. To help ensure the sentiment would be strong enough next to the browns in the bear, stamp the sentiment twice to darken the color a bit. This is easy achieved by using the Stamparatus stamping tool since it allows things to be stamped again in the exact same position.
On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the bow. Use Pool Party for the background layer (stamp 1) and Bermuda Bay for the detail layer (stamp 2). If you happen to have the retired Holly Berry Builder Punch, it fits perfectly with this bow. If not, it’s very easy to fussy cut as I’ve done in my card using Paper Snips. To dress the bow up a bit, apply some clear Wink of Stella over the entire bow.
To assemble the card
- Create a card base using Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- To the front, adhere a piece of the Pool Party constellation paper from the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper (DSP) using your favorite adhesive. Snail or Multipurpose Liquid Glue work great for this.
- Adhere the focal image layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the bow to the bear using a couple of Mini Glue Dots.
Stamp one of the coordinating sentiments on the inside of the card using Pool Party ink. Once again, stamp twice so the inside sentiment will match the sentiment on the front of the card. Finally, for a bit of embellishment, color a few Pearl Basic Jewels with the Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blends marker to coordinate with the ink and DSP. After giving the pearls a couple of minutes to dry, adhere them to the card front.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):
- CAS on Friday – the current theme is baby cards.
- Just Add Ink – the current theme is baby cards.
- Stamp Ink Paper – the current theme is a sketch challenge.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …
- Shop online 24/7 – don’t forget to use the host code to receive a free gift on all qualifying orders.
- Check out the new customizable Storage by Stampin’ Up line of products!
- View Online Catalogs
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – Stampin’ Up’s amazing monthly subscription box! Sign up by May 10, 2019 to receive the very special “Hugs from Shelli” box inspired by Stampin’ Up co-founder, Shelli Gardner!