For today’s card, I thought I would pull out the Amazing Life stamp set again from Stampin’ Up!® I absolutely love this stamp set and I’m going to be so sorry to see it go when it retires on June 3, 2019.
I stamped the cake and sentiment from the stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the Stamparatus for this step so I could double stamp the images to get them a nice, crisp dark black color.
After letting the ink dry for a few minutes, I pulled out a few of my Stampin’ Blends markers to color the images. Here are the colors I used:
- Crumb Cake Light around the edges of the cake.
- Color Lifter to blend out the Crumb Cake Light .
- Bermuda Bay Light and Pool Party Light for the stripes on the candle.
- Daffodil Delight for the flame of the candle.
- Bermuda Bay Light, Pool Party Dark, and Pool Party Light for the word Cake in the sentiment.
After completing the coloring, I wanted to add a bit of dimension and shine to the images since this is a fairly simple card. To accomplish that, I added a generous coating of Wink of Stella then went over the cake image and the cake letters in the sentiment using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. Be sure to let this sit for at least a half hour or more since it takes a while for the glue pen to dry.
To assemble the card:
- Create a top-folding card base from Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- Adhere the focal image to a piece of Pool Party cardstock.
- Adhere two strips of the Pool Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Subtles 6×6″ DSP pack to the card base.
- Adhere the matted focal image to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):
- Freshly Made Sketches – the current theme is a sketch challenge.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …