For today’s card, I decided to CASE (copy and selectively edit) a card I created last April. When I CASE a card, I generally use three things from the inspiration card on my design. In this case, I used sponging, stamping over the sponging, and a black script sentiment.
Here are the steps need to create this card:
- Use an Embossing Buddy to apply anti-static powder to a piece of vellum. Stamp the butterfly image from the Beautiful Day stamp set on the vellum using VersaMark ink.
- Apple white Stampin’ Emboss powder to the butterfly then set using the Heat Tool. Set aside.
- Create a top-folding card base from Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- Mask off the edges of the card front using 1″ wide Post-It Tape or low-tack painter/masking tape.
- Apply ink inside the masked opening using either Stampin’ Sponges or a Sponge Brayer. Start with Daffodil Delight, then Pineapple Punch, and finish with Mango Melody.
- Once the sponging is complete, stamp the Marbled background stamp over the sponging. Be sure to stamp off once before stamping on the sponging to create a more subtle look. After stamping, remove the tape masks from the card.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Amazing Life stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black. To ensure a nice crisp image, I recommend using the Stamparatus for this step. Doing so will allow you to double stamp the sentiment to make it a nice deep black.
- Use a Journaling Pen to draw a border around the sponged rectangle. This . is just a loosely drawn line, so no need for a straight edge.
- Fussy cut the butterfly using Paper Snips then adhere to the card using a small piece of Foam Adhesives Strip. Gently pull the wings up to give a more dimensional look.
You can easily change the look of this card by simply using a different Stampin’ Emboss powder for the butterfly. In the photo above, I’m showing how it would look using gold powder instead of the white. Both looks are beautiful, but they’re definitely different, too.
Another option to change things up a bit would be to color the butterfly using Stampin’ Blends marker. Just be sure to do it from the back side of the vellum and not the embossed side. You’ll get a much softer and smoother look that way.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my card today. If you live in the United States and would like to purchase any of the products I’ve used, you will find a supply list below my signature. Simply click on any of the products to be taken directly to it in my online store which is available 24/7. If you live outside the U.S., please visit the Stampin’ Up website to find a Demonstrator in your country.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time …
- Shop online 24/7 – don’t forget to use the host code to receive a free gift on all qualifying orders.
- Check out the new customizable Storage by Stampin’ Up line of products!
- View Online Catalogs
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – Stampin’ Up’s amazing monthly subscription box! Sign up by May 10, 2019 to receive the very special “Hugs from Shelli” box inspired by Stampin’ Up co-founder, Shelli Gardner!