Each month, Stampin’ Up!® issues a Simple Stamping challenge to their Demonstrators. The purpose of this challenge is to create cards simply using stamp, ink, and paper. Today’s card is for the April Simple Stamping challenge.
For the Simple Stamping version, I stamped the cake image from the Amazing Life stamp set on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The sentiment is from the Blow Out the Candles stamp set. It was also stamped using the Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of Berry Burst cardstock.
Berry Burst is from the 2017-2019 In Colors collection. these colors will be retiring on June 3, so now is a great time to stock up the inks, refills, cardstock, and DSP featuring these colors. Once the “official” retirement list comes out soon, the products featuring these retiring In Colors will go quickly!
The slightly stepped up version of this card isn’t much different since I used the same focal image and sentiment. I stamped the focal image using the matching Berry Burst ink. To give it a bit of a watercolor look, I went over the cake and candle using a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen. Since our Classic Inks are water-based, the fluid from the Wink of Stella pen will move the ink just a tiny bit a tint the image. I love the soft look it gives!
I used a slightly different technique for the candle flame since I wanted it to be yellow. Using a Blender Pen, I picked up a tiny bit of Pineapple Punch ink and filled in the flame. Be careful to avoid hitting the Berry Burst outline as much as possible as the fluid in the Blender Pen will also move the ink.
For the sentiment, this time I stamped it using VersaMark ink. I applied some white Stampin’ Emboss powder then set it using the Heat Tool. I absolutely love how the white embossing really “pops” against the Berry Burst cardstock.
To assemble the cards:
- Create a top-folding card base from Whisper White Thick cardstock cut to 4-1/4 x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″.
- Stamp the focal image on a 2-1/2 x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Mat the focal image on a 2-3/4 x 3-1/2″ piece of Berry Burst cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2 x 2-3/4″ piece of Berry Burst cardstock.
- Apply a 1-3/4 x 4-1/4″ strip of DSP from the In Color 2017-2019 DSP about 1/2″ up from the bottom of the card using Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere the matted focal image to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card using a single Stampin’ Dimensional on the right end and using Snail or Liquid Multipurpose glue for the rest of the strip. Using the combination of the Dimensional and a regular adhesive will help keep the sentiment level even though it’s spanning two different heights on the card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my card today. If you live in the United States and would like to purchase any of the products I’ve used, you will find a supply list below my signature. Simply click on any of the products to be taken directly to it in my online store which is available 24/7. If you live outside the U.S., please visit the Stampin’ Up website to find a Demonstrator in your country.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …
- Shop online 24/7 – don’t forget to use the host code to receive a free gift on all qualifying orders.
- Check out the new customizable Storage by Stampin’ Up line of products!
- View Online Catalogs
- Join My Team
- Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – Stampin’ Up’s amazing monthly subscription box! Sign up by May 10, 2019 to receive the very special “Hugs from Shelli” box inspired by Stampin’ Up co-founder, Shelli Gardner!