Spring Wreath Turnabout

For today’s card, I decided to pair the Wreath Turnabout stamp set from Concord and 9th with some soft pretty Spring ink colors from the Spa Collection of ink from Catherine Pooler Designs. When making Spring cards, I often reach for brighter more vibrant inks like the colors in CP’s Party Collection. I thought it would be fun to make one using more subtle/muted tones for a change of pace.

Mel's Card Corner | Spring Wreath Turnabout

I stamped the wreath on a piece of Catherine’s white cardstock. Since this is a turnabout stamp set, I used the MISTI for the stamping. The ink colors I used for the wreath were Rose Petals, Sugared Lavender, Polished, and Seafoam. I absolutely love how well they worked together for this card to create a soft, pretty Spring look.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Wreath Turnabout stamp set using Nocturne VersaFine Claire ink in the center of the wreath. I quickly added some clear embossing powder over the damp ink then heat set it to melt the embossing powder.

Mel's Card Corner | Spring Wreath Turnabout

I trimmed the focal panel down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″ and matted it on a piece of Catherine’s Midnight cardstock cut to 4 x 5-1/4″. I then adhered the matted focal panel to a top-folding card base. For a final bit of embellishment, I added a few Crystal Iridescent Sequins from Darice.

I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …

Signature Image

8 comments

1. Jane says:

Beautiful colours and a beautiful turnabout image. Love your card! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hoping you’ll join us for future challenges. And maybe come visit our new sister challenge AAA Birthday too.

• Melissa says:

The CP and SU ink pads themselves are fairly similar because they’re both firm foam ink pads. The inks themselves are pretty different though because there is NO transfer of residual color that may be on the stamp with CP’s inks. If you stamp with a red ink, wipe off the stamp, then stamp with a yellow ink, you’ll get a perfectly yellow stamped image. With some other inks, you’ll often get more of an orange image because the yellow ink is picking up some of the residual red ink remaining on the stamp even though the stamp looks clean.

As for Distress Inks, I think the original Distress Inks are great for inking techniques like ink blending, but don’t work very well for actual stamping. They generally give a pretty blotching image when you stamp with them. CP’s inks will also blend beautifully, are water reactive, etc., yet they still give gorgeous results when stamping with them. You can get beautiful results when stamping with the new Distress Oxide Inks, but they have more of a chalk ink appearance due to being a fusion of dye ink and pigment ink. They also blend beautifully, but again, you get more of a chalk ink appearance with them.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion! If you have any other questions, just let me know. 🙂

2. Lorraine A says:

Gorgeous card Melissa 🙂 I love these turnabout stamps and the colours and CAS design are perfect 🙂

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

• Melissa says:

Thanks for letting me know my contact form had stopped working, Lorraine! I’ve fixed it, but sent you an email as requested, too. 🙂

3. susan.w says:

Beautiful Spring Wreath! I love Catherine Pooler inks and I love the fact that you used Spa colours. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. 🙂

4. LucieG says:

Oh Melissa, This is such a beautiful card! I love that stamp and the colours you’ve chosen are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!