Yesterday was the kickoff of the new 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop over on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog. I’ve participated a few times in the past, so I thought it would be fun to play along again. The only requirement is to make a Spring or Summer themed coffee, tea, or cocoa project.
For my card, I decided to use a couple of stamp sets from Ellen Hutson, one of the Super Sponsors of the hop. The lady is from the City Lady stamp set which is part of the Leading Ladies series designed by Brandi Kincaid. The sentiment is from the Oh Frappe stamp set designed by Julie Ebersole.
I started by stamping the lady, coffee cup, and sunglasses on a piece of 80 lb. Neenah Solar White cardstock using Jet Black ink from Lawn Fawn, another Super Sponsor for the hop. I used my Copic markers to color in everything but the top. Here are the colors I used:
- Skin: E11, E51, BV000
- Hair: YR12, YR18, E09
- Pants, Shoes, Bows, and Sunglasses: V12, V04, V06, V09
- Coffee Cup: C00, C1, C3
Since this is a Spring/Summer hop, I thought it would be fun to give my lady a cute gingham top using the paper piecing technique. I stamped the blouse portion of the image on a piece of Highland Heather gingham paper from the Gingham Gala paper stack by Stampin’ Up!® I gave it a bit of dimension by adding some shading using the same cool gray markers I used for the coffee cup. I fussy cut the top, but omitted the bow details on the sleeve since I had colored those with my Copic markers to match the bow in her hair. I then adhered the top to the lady using some liquid glue.
To create my spring/summer background, I did some ink blending on another piece of the Neenah Solar White cardstock using Distress Oxide inks and the Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios. I masked off the horizon and applied some Shabby Shutters ink for the grass. I then masked off the grassy area and applied some Tumbled Glass ink for the sky. I purposefully left the sky a bit more blotchy to give the impression of soft clouds.
Once the ink blending was done, I die cut it using the stitched scalloped rectangle die from the All Prettied Up die set from Mama Elephant. I then put it into my Mini MISTI from My Sweet Petunia and stamped the sentiment using Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink.
To assemble the card:
- Create a top-folding card base from 110 lb. Neenah Solar White cardstock.
- Adhere a piece of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2″ Highland Heather gingham paper to the front of the card base using your favorite adhesive.
- Adhere the scalloped rectangle to the card front using your favorite adhesive.
- Adhere the lady to the card using your favorite dimensional adhesive.
- Adhere the coffee cup to her hand using your favorite adhesive.
- Adhere the sunglasses using your favorite dimensional adhesive.
- Apply a coat of shimmer pen over the sunglasses then add a coat of Glossy Accents over the lens.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time …