The Week 2 challenge for the Spring Break event over at StampNation kicked off today. Erika (our lovely Community Manager) posted an absolutely AMAZING mood board for the new challenge. As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what card I wanted to make for the challenge. Thankfully, the vision in my head came out perfectly on the finished card. I love it when that happens!
I started by stamping the flower and foliage images from the Tropically Yours stamp set from Catherine Pooler Designs (CPD). I stamped the images on white cardstock using CPD inks in Samba and Garden Party.
While I had the ink out, I knew I wanted some Samba cardstock for a matting layer and for my sentiment. I used the direct-to-paper inking technique and applied some of the Samba ink to a piece of white cardstock and set it aside to dry.
I decided to add some shading to my stamped images using Copic markers. For the flowers and bud, I used R27, R39, and R59. For the foliage, I used YG05, YG07, and YG09. I die cut everything out using the coordinating Tropically Yours Dies. While I was die cutting, I also used the Hello Die to die cut the hello sentiment three times. I cut it twice from white cardstock and once from the Samba cardstock I’d created earlier. I applied some Adhesive Paper to the back of the cardstock before die cutting the sentiments to make it easier to adhere them together.
There was one final bit of stamping I needed to finish before I could assemble the card. I took the die cut flowers and stamped in the stamen and centers on them using Icing on the Cake ink.
To assemble the card:
- Create a top-folding card base from white cardstock.
- Adhere the blue striped paper to the Samba layer.
- Adhere the matted layers to the card base.
- Adhere the flowers and foliage on the lower left side of the card front.
- Adhere the stacked hello sentiments to the upper right side of the card front.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):
- StampNation Spring Break – the current theme is a mood board. (membership required)
- SSS Wednesday Challenge – the current theme is for a special lady.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time …