There’s a fun Spring Break event taking place this month over at StampNation. There are lessons taught by guest designers from some awesome companies who are also sponsoring the event — The Ink Road, Trinity Stamps, Kindred Stamps, and The Stamp Market. There are also weekly challenges based on a particular theme. The first theme is Adventurer.
I started with a piece of Sand Dunes cardstock from Catherine Pooler Designs. I stamped the double row of diamonds image from the Good Vibes Borders stamp set repeatedly using CPD inks in Sand Castle, Over Coffee, and Icing on the Cake. I love how it creates kind of a snakeskin look. I then matted it on a piece of CPD Chocolate cardstock.
I created the sentiment by using two of the tropical leaf images from the Leave Me in Paradise stamp set on the piece of white cardstock using CPD Green Tea and Eucalyptus inks. I stamped the Green Tea off once before stamping on my cardstock and I stamped off the Eucalyptus twice since it was a much stronger color. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, also from the Good Vibes Borders stamp set, over the leaves using Icing on the Cake ink. I then die cut it using the smallest circle die from the Double Stitched Circles Dies from Gina K. Designs.
To assemble the card:
- Create a top-folding card base from white cardstock.
- Adhere the matted background layer directly to the card base using your favorite adhesive.
- Adhere the sentiment die cut to the card using your favorite dimensional adhesive.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):
- StampNation Spring Breaker Challenge Week 1- Adventurer (requires membership to view)
- Fusion Challenge – I used the sketch portion of the current challenge.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time …