As I mentioned in my previous post, the first All About Layering class is great for someone new to using layering stamps. It covers all the basics including tips on how to properly line up each layer. All About Layering 2 steps things up a bit. It covers more complex layering stamp sets and would be great for someone who has the basics down, but wants to increase the stamp layering skills.
I started by stamping several of the images from the Peony Bouquet stamp set from Altenew on some white cardstock. Since I knew I wanted to build a floral arrangement, I stamped multiples of each of the flowers and leaves. This is a layering stamp set, so I used my MISTI stamping tool. This made it really easy to line everything up and then stamp multiple copies.
I used the Rose Petal ink set from Altenew for the flowers. All of the outlines on both the flowers and leaves were stamped using Jet Black ink. Since buds are typically a bit darker than a flower in bloom, I used the three darkest shades (Puffy Heart, Purple Wine, and Cosmic Berry) to stamp the buds. For the flower in bloom, I used Rose Quartz as the base color, Puffy Heart as the mid-tone. I skipped over Purple Wine and instead used Cosmic Berry for the deepest tone to help pump up the contrast a bit.
I used inks from the Green Fields set for the leaves. This set has the Jet Black ink along with three beautiful mossy shades of green. For the green on the flower buds, I used Frayed Leaf for the base and Forest Glades for the detail. The smaller very pointy leaves were just the Jet Black outline filled in with Frayed Leaf. There was no detail stamp for that image. Finally for the larger leaves, I used Frayed Leaf for the base, Forest Glades for the middle layer, and Evergreen for the detail layer.
After all the stamping was done, I realized I didn’t have the coordinating dies for this stamp set. So, I cut them out using a PixScan mat and my Silhouette Portrait. I added a small offset around the image to mimic the look of being die cut.
I decided on the arrangement I wanted then adhered everything down using some liquid glue. This gave me a little bit of wiggle time to ensure I had everything placed exactly where I wanted. Once everything was in place, I stamped the thank you sentiment from the Flower Arrangement stamp set by Altenew using Jet Black ink. For a final bit of embellishment, I wrapped a single strand of black & white baker’s twine around the top fold and finished it off in a simple bow.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …