Today’s cards are from another class I’m wrapping up over at Altenew Academy. This time it’s the Celebration: Stencil Techniques class taught by Laurel Beard. I own far more stencils than I care to admit, so I really enjoyed this class and learning some new techniques for using them.
For this card, I did some ink blending on some white cardstock from Catherine Pooler Designs through the Layered Medallion B Stencil from Altenew. I did the blending using the Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios and the three lightest shades of ink (Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, and Lagoon) from the Sea Shore ink set.
I wanted to add some flowers to my card, but wanted to keep things pretty simple. I decided to stamp the floral cluster from the Ditsy Print stamp set on a piece of vellum using VersaMark ink then heat embossed it using platinum embossing powder. To give the flowers a bit of color, I added some simple Copic coloring on the back side of the vellum.
To keep the floral panel from getting lost against the stenciled background, I adhered it to a piece of white cardstock then die cut it with a circle die. I mounted it to the card front using some foam squares then trimmed away the excess with my scissors.
The sentiment is also from the Ditsy Print stamp set. I stamped it on a strip of white cardstock using Jet Black ink. I trimmed the left edge at an angle with my scissors then adhered it to the card using some foam squares.
The second card was created using the leftover ink on the stencil from where I made the first card. I spritzed the stencil with some water to reactive the ink then “stamped” the stencil onto a piece of watercolor paper. I love the look this creates! When it was dry, I cut down the panel using a stitched rectangle die.
I stamped one of the large sentiments from the Crafty Friends stamp set using Jet Black ink. Since I was stamping on watercolor paper, I used my Mini MISTI from My Sweet Petunia for this step. It allowed me to double stamp the sentiment to ensure I got a nice crisp black image.
To assemble the card, I created a top-folding card base from white cardstock. I matted the focal panel on a piece of black cardstock then adhered it to the card front.
I’m entering this card in the following challenge(s):
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …