3D Flower featuring Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set

We had a really fun weekend color challenge recently over at StampNation. I think I may have shared this card on my Instagram at the time, but never got around to showing it here on my blog. I really love how it turned out, so I thought I would share it here with you all today.

Mel's Card Corner | 3D Flower featuring Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set

The challenge was to use Catherine Pooler Designs inks in It’s a Girl, Melon Ice, and Mint to Be. I did cheat just a tad bit and pulled in a little Peppermint Scrub just because my 3D flower needed a little more depth, but, for the most part, I stuck with the challenge colors.

I started by die cutting all the layers from the Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set from Altenew using white cardstock. I added color to them using the inks and a couple of the Life Changing Blender Brushes. I used the It’s a Girl and a bit of Peppermint Scrub on the flower layers. I used Mint to Be for the leaves then added a bit of Melon Ice to the tips to add some variety of color in the leaves.

Mel's Card Corner | 3D Flower featuring Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set

Once I had everything colored, I stamped a sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiments by Altenew on a strip of black cardstock using VersaMark ink then heat embossed it in white. I also decided to pull in some WRMK Shape N Tape striped paper(discontinued) from my stash along with a bit of gold glitter paper from the Holiday Sparkle pack from Lawn Fawn. I thought these elements would help add a little something extra to an otherwise fairly plain sentiment strip.

Before I adhered anything down, I played around with the arrangement on the card front. Once I had everything where I wanted it, I used some Press ‘N Seal to pick up my flower and leaves so they could stay exactly how I wanted them. With the die cuts still on the Press ‘N Seal, I applied a bit of liquid glue to the backs of each of the leaves and a few foam squares then adhered them to my card base. Once they were firmly in place, I gently peeled away the Press ‘N Seal. I then remove the flower from the Press ‘N Seal and added a few foam squares to the back and adhered it over the leaves.

Mel's Card Corner | 3D Flower featuring Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set

I decided to trim the end of the various strips making up my sentiment at a slight angle for a bit of visual interest. I then adhered them to the card front allowing them to overlap. In retrospect, I wish I would have cut the angles to match the angle on the washi tape, but I didn’t even notice it until after I had the card assembled. I’ll definitely keep that in mind for future designs though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …

Signature Image

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.