Happy Independence Day to all of my U.S. readers! I hope you have a wonderful holiday today spent with family, friends, lots of great good, and, of course, some fireworks.
For today’s card, I thought I was share a very clean and simple card featuring the gorgeous Layering Monarch stamp and die set from Hero Arts. This is also the first card I created using the new rainbow Blending Brushes from Taylored Expressions, so I’ll share my thoughts on them, too.
I started by stamping the butterfly using one of the Neenah Solar White Flat Card Front panels from Scrapbook.com. Isn’t that butterfly gorgeous?! Trust me, it’s all due to this amazing stamp set. I stamped the yellow layer using Warm Sunshine ink from Altenew. For the orange layer, I used Snapdragon, also from Altenew. Finally, I added the black detail layer using Premium Black Hybrid Ink from Scrapbook.com. After the ink was dry, I used the coordinating die to cut out the butterfly using my Platinum 6 die cutting machine.
Now it was time to create a backdrop for my beautiful butterfly. I masked off a 1/2″ border around three sides of one of the Neenah Solar White A2 Vertical card bases from Scrapbook.com. Using Sea Glass ink from Altenew, I started blending from the top of the card and worked my way down. Just look at that amazing fade to white I was able to achieve! Gorgeous!!
The ink blended absolutely flawlessly using the new blender brushes from Taylored Expressions! The white bristles are awesome for seeing how much ink you have loaded on the brush, too! That’s been one of my frustrations with other blending/stencil brushes I’ve tried. The brush size is large enough to provide great coverage when doing an entire card front, but not so large that it’s cumbersome using them for smaller areas, too. Of course, the fact they come in a rainbow of colors to coordinate with your inks is beyond amazing! All in all, I give these brushes a big thumbs up!
Once the ink blending was done, I turned my attention toward a sentiment. I decided to use this lovely sentiment from the To Seize or Not to Seize stamp set, also from Hero Arts. I stamped it using the same black ink I used on the butterfly.
To complete the card, I adhered the butterfly to the card front using small pieces of foam squares beneath the body. This allowed me to gently pull the wings forward a bit to add some dimension. For a final bit of embellishment, I added clear Wink of Stella over both wings of the butterfly and that completed my card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed the project I’ve shared. Until next time …